Tea Monster: Merry Christmas from the Tea Monster!

Monday, December 26, 2016

Merry Christmas from the Tea Monster!

On the 12th Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me ... Christmas Treat Oolong Tea!


MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! However you celebrate it, and even if you celebrate it at all, may today be filled with the right amount of good people, food, and your favorite tea. You know I am! While I may be chillin' at home with the brother-husbands, messages and calls from all my family around the globe pour in to check in, and I am so grateful to hear from all of them. It's so great to have ways to let your family know that even though you can't be there physically, you can at least send them some love and be there in spirit. Yay Holiday Spirit!



Anne really did save the best for last. This is quite a special tea - green, balled-oolong with spices, and banana. Smells divine in the pouch. I love the visual appeal of the banana alongside the deep green oolong. Back when I drank nothing but this style of oolong, I may have been able to tell what style or region or even season that tea is, but I have fallen out of the habit. The creamy scent of the banana matches the buttery smoothness and thick mouthfeel of the oolong. I like the added dimension of spices and possible marshmallow root. It adds a festive and warming vibe to the cup. Even though it doesn't sparkle or have any pretty sprinkles included, I still consider this a sparkle pony tea. The phrase also counts for decadent as all get out blends, which this tea definitely falls under. It's a great special tea for the holiday. I even felt the need to break out the gaiwan for this tea!

I am so glad that I got to take part of this countdown! Thanks to the wonderful minds at work at 52Teas for making great blends to drink and write about! Can't wait to see what else you have in store for 2017! Here's to blogging again and drinking great tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment