Tea Monster: 12 days of Christmas - Day 4

Sunday, December 18, 2016

12 days of Christmas - Day 4


On the Fourth day of Christmas my true love gave to me ... Coconut Flan Genmaicha!

I was honestly so excited to see this blend on today's tea. I am always a sucker for a genmaicha blend. I am such a fan of Anne's gemaicha blends. When this came out last May, I bought it instantly. It came out on my birth week and got it in time to have as a birthday brew at work. It was perfect birthday teat! I am always on the lookout for non-traditional Japanese tea blends. Houjicha, matcha, you name it.

Since I knew what to expect with this tea, I didn't pay to close attention to the cups. The distinct coconut creaminess shined through, nicely tying up the nutty, toasty flavor of the popped rice with it's coconut cream quality. It's a delicious and straightforward blend that hits the mark. I pity a fool that doesn't like the flavor of genmaicha, because this blend is hecka slammin'.



No comments:

Post a Comment