Tea Monster: 12 Days of Christmas - Day 3

Saturday, December 17, 2016

12 Days of Christmas - Day 3

















On the third day of Christmas, my true love gave to me ... Snickerdoodle - Reimagined Black Tea!

Before we begin, I gotta make a shout out to the  ladies at 52teas for the entertaining aspect of the scratch off reveal for the tea names! Can I just say, I freaking love those little silver discs. I get so much satisfaction from the simple act of scratching off the shiny shavings and brushing it off like an archeological dig. Kudos!


Upon opening the package, I get a strong note of sweet cinnamon. A twinge of trepidation crept though me as I can be pretty picking about cinnamon - I find it to be a strong flavor and tends to overpower other supporting flavors. I also catch the sweet and rich scent of gingerbread waft up to me just before I scooped out my 4 grams.

After the after the appropriate amount to brewing time as well as some time to cool, I took a big swig of my mug and almost forgot to swallow in surprise. It was as if I had taken a bite out of a freshly baked snickerdoodle with hot, slightly caramelized cinnamon sugar on top. It did a great job staying hot and comforting in my stainless steel travel mug without much affect on flavor.

The leaves from Vietnam were quite interesting. The difference in leaf size varied a lot. They came in all shapes and sizes and I even came across a large leaf with two little buds hidden inside. The flavor and texture of the tea really made the blend for me. It had a nice, smooth thickness and a prominent baked-goods note throughout.

Until the next silver scratch off!

No comments:

Post a Comment