Tea Monster: 12 Days of Christmas - Day 10

Saturday, December 24, 2016

12 Days of Christmas - Day 10

On the tenth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me... White Christmas Black Tea!


Dang, only two more teas left in this countdown? My, how time flies! Wasn't Thanksgiving like a week ago?

I did not know what to expect when I read the label on this tea. The name White Christmas could really go in many different directions to describe almost any blend. White chocolate, vanilla mint, holiday sprinkles are all quite plausible choices. To get to the bottom of this, I opened the package of tea to discover the wisps of marshmallow root and plenty of strong, fresh minty scent. The combination of the two instantly made me think of good old pillow mints.


The brew wafts a minty smell to my nose holes. I smelled crest toothpaste, altoids and candy canes. All of which, in my own opinion have their own distinct mint characteristics. I really enjoyed the smooth marshmallow finish. It gave the tea a crème de  menthe feel. I wish I could have gotten more of a fudge-y note with the Fijian black tea, but it was still refreshing and energizing. I've always been curious as to why cooling things like mint are so popular in the winter... when it's cold... Nevertheless, I still order a peppermint white mocha whenever I come across a Starbucks.  😞😛

No comments:

Post a Comment